Ellis Havana - Orange Solid Lens
Four months. More than 50 production steps. Handcrafted with care. The Ellis is designed with larger lenses in a timeless square shape. Ideal for larger faces or those who prefer a slightly oversized style.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision lenses
- Japanese 5-barrel stainless steel hinges
- Teflon-coated hinge screws to reduce floppy arms
- Saddle nose bridge
- Double horizontal rivets on temples and front
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth, and box for storage
Dimensions: Width 144.5mm / Height 48.7mm
The making of our Havana acetate is truly an artisanal process. First, small colored pellets of various hues of yellow, brown, and orange are made by mixing organic color powder with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The colored acetate pellets are then mixed and stirred by hand to achieve Monokel's speckled Havana pattern, thus making the pattern on every frame unique - no two pairs alike.
Orange, pink, and red lenses enhance contrast and visual depth, especially against green landscapes and blue skies. All Monokel lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.