Ellis Amber - Green Solid Lens
Four months. More than 50 production steps. Handcrafted with care. The Ellis is designed with larger lenses in a timeless square shape. Ideal for larger faces or those who prefer a slightly oversized style.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision lenses
- Japanese 5-barrel stainless steel hinges
- Teflon-coated hinge screws to reduce floppy arms
- Saddle nose bridge
- Double horizontal rivets on temples and front
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth, and box for storage
Dimensions: Width 144.5mm / Height 48.7mm
The Amber colorway offers timeless style to wear for years to come - another way Monokel likes to lessen the need for overconsumption. They make their Amber colorway by mixing organic color powder with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The soft speckled pattern is made by stirring small pellets of various hues of orange, yellow, and red, thus making the pattern on every frame unique - no two pairs alike.
Aviator pilots of the 1930s are often credited with making green lenses popular, choosing to wear them due to their ability to work in both sunny and low-light environments while reducing glare and brightening shadows. All Monokel lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.